Bill Cosby and his former lawyer Marty Singer will not be sitting down to questions from Janice Dickinson’s attorneys in the next 2-weeks – The California Court of Appeals yesterday issued a temporary stay in the depositions of Bill Cosby and Marty Singer in Janice Dickerson. The depositions, ordered on November 2 by L.A. Superior Court Judge Debra Weintraub, were scheduled to take place on November 19 and 23.
Bill Cosby’s attorney Monique Pressley releases statement about the decision:
On November 12th, the California Court of Appeal granted Mr. Cosby’s request and issued an order staying the depositions previously ordered by the trial court in the Dickinson matter — neither Mr. Cosby nor his former counsel will be deposed this month. The Court of Appeal also required Ms. Dickinson to respond to Mr. Cosby’s Writ, which requests that he be treated like any other Defendant in this circumstance and not subjected to the burden of discovery until Ms. Dickinson demonstrates a reasonable possibility of success on her claims, which Ms. Dickinson has not yet attempted to show.”
Since November 2014 Gloria Allred along with the accusers told the American public that these allegations were outside statue of limitation and therefore they COULD NOT SUE BILL COSBY…..they just wanted to tell their stories.
These same women along with the media told the American public – that the allegations must be true because the women had nothing to GAIN! Many people and the media took these allegations at face value – most importantly journalist and the media often overlooked the facts and instantly convicted Bill Cosby in the court of public opinion.
One year later Bill Cosby’s name and brand has been tarnished, TV shows pulled from all networks and still no evidence only hearsay, yet the lawsuits keep coming….
Meanwhile the same women who only wanted to tell their story are seeking over $100 million. Currently there are 13 lawsuits seeking punitive damages and at least 4 book deals, not to mention the TV show for Gloria Allred based upon this Bill Cosby scandal, OJ and Michael Jackson.
Gloria Allred also promises more accusations and litigation to come.
1. Chloe Goins seeking punitive damages in CA Federal court
2. Janice Dickinson seeking punitive damages in CA state court
3. Judy Huth seeking punitive damages in CA state court
4. Tamara Green seeking punitive damages in MA Federal Court
5. Therese Serganese seeking punitive damages in MA Federal Court
6. Linda Travitz seeking punitive damages in MA Federal Court
7. Renita Cheney Hill seeking punitive damages on PA state court
8. Andrea Constand already sued Cosby and is seeking to sue Bruce Castor
9. Beverly Johnson book deal
10. Katherine McKee book deal
11. Doyotte~ book deal
12. Gloria Allred – TV show
13. Barbara Bowman, Joan Tarshis, Louisa Moritz and Angela Leslie all seeking punitive damages in MA Federal court
(**List credit Teresa Ganim)
The women claim they do not want money yet Cosby is being sued for over $100 million. Cosby never admitted in his leaked deposition to drugging and raping women – he did admit to providing a quaalude to 1 woman who willingly took the party drug. ((If he would have admitted to drugging and raping he would have been charged that is a crime)